Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #1


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's can't wait to read book is Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver. It will be released on February 28th 2012. (Not much longer to wait!!)

I’m pushing aside the memory of my nightmare, 

pushing aside thoughts of Alex,
pushing aside thoughts of Hana and my old school,
push,
push,
push,
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.
Lauren Oliver delivers an electrifying follow-up to her acclaimed New York Times bestseller, Delirium. This riveting, brilliant novel crackles with the fire of fierce defiance, forbidden romance, and the sparks of a revolution about to ignite.
(Synopsis taken from Goodreads.)

I want this book so badly, it's not even funny. I loved Delirium, but was devastated that after the crazy cliffhanger at the end, we had to wait a year to find out what happens next. I tried and tried to get an ARC of Pandemonium, but it never happened. I will definitely be buying this on the day it comes out.

What book are you waiting for to come out? Let me know in the comments so I can get ideas for new books to read.

12 comments:

  1. I still have yet to read the first one. New follower

    Books Ahoy
    www.books-ahoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm following you also. The first book is absolutely incredible, but as a forewarning, without giving anything away, the end will make you mad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adored Delirium and I can't wait to read Pandemonium. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Delirium was one of my favorite books last year. I actually read about 17% of Pandemonium yesterday on Kindle. It was amazing!

      Delete
  4. I still have to read the first book! Awesome pick though :)

    My Wow for this week. :)

    Vicky
    Books, Biscuits & Tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've never heard of The Mockingbirds, but it looks pretty good from the description.

      Delete
  5. Pandemonium!! Yeeeey! Awesome pick Kayla!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are a lot of people looking forward to this one! I read Delirium not that long ago, and I'm curious what's going to happen next too! We only have to wait until the end of the month! Woohoo! Great pick this week!

    Courtney @ Fuzzy.Coffee.Books <--My WoW!

    New follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am following you also. I'm counting down the days til Pandemonium comes out. I've been wanting to read Bad Taste in Boys for a while now, and will probably read it before the sequel comes out.

      Delete
  7. Great pick!!! I'm very excited for Pandemonium!!! :)

    My WoW: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2012/02/waiting-on-wednesday-25.html

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just added Monument 14 to my TBR. It looks incredible!

      Delete