Saturday, February 18, 2012

Caribbean Calling by J.D. Gordon


Synopsis:
Chicago-area firefighter Eddie Gilbert is headed back to the Florida Keys and the open seas of the Caribbean. A beautiful woman and an interesting job offer are waiting. He is tasked to find a young doctor who has gone missing. What happens next will keep you glued to the pages of Caribbean Calling.
(Synopsis taken from Goodreads.)


My Thoughts:
The Author, J.D. Gordon, signed my review copy and it says "Looks like it, but not a kids book!!!". This is certainly true. The cover looks cute and has a YA feeling, but on the inside it's an adult story about cults, government corruption, and human trafficking. I thought Caribbean Calling was an incredible book. It kept me on the edge of my seat, turning pages late at night, needing to know what happens next. My favorite character was Johnathon aka Kangaroo. I loved his attitude and personality, along with his funky accent. I was hoping that he would have been in the story a little bit more. There wasn't a character that I disliked. The plot was written very well. Eddie, who was a hero for being a firefighter, was also a hero for rescuing Elaine. When I was reading, I found no punctuation mistakes or spelling errors. Caribbean Calling is a wonderful read that I highly recommend. However, I agree with the author and recommend it for mature adults, 18 and older. 


I give Caribbean Calling: 5/5.


Want to know where to buy this book?
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Caribbean-Calling-JD-Gordon/dp/0974565288
Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/caribbean-calling-j-d-gordon/1007616152

I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. I was in no way compensated for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment